Monday 5 November 2018

You know your're a Third-Culture Kid when you...


1-You can curse in many different languages confidently. And sometimes you slip foreign slang by mistake in conversations  

Some situations in life require cursing out loud, and when you can curse in other languages, it can be a lifesaver.

Sometimes you cannot be bothered by some people, you pass by that person that you hate, and with a very rude smile he/she says good morning or any equivalent, and that’s the time the “multi-lingual cursing” comes to use, you smile back, and say good morning, usually follows with a cursing word.

Cool huh?

I thought so, helps me every day.

2- you can change your accent depending on who you are speaking to

People that know me well, know that for my English, I try to use the Scottish accent so that I can be understood, because when I first came to Scotland I used to speak English in a similar accent to American English, basically no accent. Sometimes I felt that people didn’t understand some stuff, so I started using the Scottish accent, even though it can be shite sometimes, but it does the job. And when I’m speaking to a person that is not from Scotland I would usually go back to the “no accent” English.

3-When it comes to birthdays, you get birthday wishes from family or friends hours before your birthday

As it was my birthday last week, so I can relate to this one, I got birthday wishes and birthday posts from my friends and Family 2 hours before midnight.

4-You have a love-hate relationship with the question "Where are you from?"

This is probably the most common thing that I have experienced, people randomly in conversations ask, “where are you from?”, and I usually think “why does it matter where I’m from?!”, and I tend to have a different answer for every single person.

5- You know that McDonald's tastes extremely different from country to country.

McDonald's tasted very different in every country that I’ve been to.

Tbh McDonald’s in Egypt is way better than the one in Scotland.

1 comment:

  1. ماكدونالدز مصر، ده كاوتش مش برجر 😁

    ReplyDelete